Remotasks Community Guidelines
We want Remotasks to be a respectful, safe, and positive place for everyone. Our Community Guidelines help us protect these values and provide guidance to taskers on how to use the Remotasks platform.
Complete Tasks with Integrity
Your tasks help accelerate the development of AI applications by creating high-quality training data. We trust you with completing these tasks accurately! Remotaskers should:
- Complete all tasks by yourself to the best of your ability without seeking the assistance of other persons, technological automation such as bots or scripts, or third-party materials or tools - unless specifically required by a Remotasks administrator.
- Only work on tasks for which you have completed the required scope of work or read the informational materials.
- Complete tasks in a diligent, timely, and honest manner to the best of their ability.
- Complete all certification and qualification tests that may be required for the given project.
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Communicate in a language that is accessible to those working on the project.
- Use the appropriate channel for raising questions or concerns.
- Only represent yourself as an independent contractor of Remotasks, and not an employee of Remotasks or any related entity.
To maintain trust in our platform for customers and other users, you must not:
- Share Account credentials with any other person;
- Create multiple Accounts, or falsely change Account information; or inaccurately represent who you are, where you are located, or your experience;
- Sell or purchase Accounts; or
- Manipulate or exploit the platform, tools, or instructions to gain advantage or artificially inflate pay.
Keep our Platform Safe
The following indecent, inauthentic, or fraudulent behavior is prohibited on Remotasks and Remotasks-related platforms (e.g., Remotasks Slack community & channels):
- Falsely representing yourself as a Remotasks administrator;
- Posting messages that are obscene, indecent, vulgar, pornographic, sexual, hateful, or otherwise objectionable;
- Sending spam messages or links, and/or personal referral links in an aggressive, or otherwise inappropriate fashion;
- Uploading or attempting to transmit files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted files, or data;
- Improperly using support channels to make false or frivolous reports;
- Exploiting, distributing, or publicly informing other members of any error, miscue, or bug (“Error”) that gives an unintended advantage;
- Sharing or distributing any customer’s personally identifiable information or content to others. This includes, but is not limited to: customer names, company names, physical or email addresses, tasker names, worker IDs or email addresses, phone numbers, and project content.
Remotasks takes its confidentiality obligations to its clients seriously and asks that you do the same. To ensure respect for this confidentiality, the following is not allowed:
- Disclosing the identity of customers;
- Downloading, transmitting, copying, or distributing any Remotasks Materials outside of Remotasks Systems;
- Sharing any project information or data with any third-party or other taskers. This includes, but is not limited to task instructions, links, images, videos, audio, screenshots, screen recordings, and other shared documents or websites;
- Discussing Remotasks projects outside of the approved project communication channels;
- Maintaining any records or logs related to Remotasks Materials outside of Remotasks Systems;
- Printing any Remotasks Materials;
- Sending any Remotasks Materials to your personal email address;
- Storing or saving Remotasks Materials on personal devices or with non-Remotasks managed third party cloud storage providers; or
- Sharing or disclosing confidential customer data or information
Keep Our Systems Secure
You may not violate Remotasks Systems’ security or integrity or use Remotasks Systems to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer, or communications system, software application, or network or computing device. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working around any technical limitations within Remotasks Systems that only allow you to use Remotasks Systems in certain ways;
- Using a VPN or other technologies to mislead Remotasks Systems about your location or Identity - VPN may only be used if specifically requested by a Remotasks administrator;
- Inundating either Remotasks Systems or other systems with communications or requests in a deliberate attempt to overload that system or otherwise disrupt its proper operation;
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of Remotasks System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by Remotasks Systems;
- Monitoring, crawling, or scraping data or content in Remotasks Systems;
- Monitoring data or traffic on Remotasks Systems; or
- Damaging, interfering with, intercepting, or expropriating any system, program, audit logs, or data via User Content or other computer technology, including viruses, Trojan, worms, or other malware.
If at any time you become aware or have reason to believe that there has been any misuse, compromise, loss, unauthorized disclosure or acquisition of, or access to Remotasks Systems or Remotasks Materials, you agree that you will promptly notify Remotasks at [email protected].
You may not be located in or use the Remotasks Systems in any country that is subject to U.S export restrictions, currently including, but not necessarily limited to:
- North Korea
This list will update from time to time, and it is the responsibility of taskers to ensure that they are eligible to use the platform.