You agree not to misuse or try to misuse the Remotasks Site, Remotasks Systems, or Remotasks Materials, or help anyone else to do so. You also agree as follows:
You must register for and maintain an active user account. You may only possess one Remotasks Site account and if it is suspended or terminated for any reason, you may not create another one unless you have explicit permission from Remotasks to do so. The Remotasks Site account registration requires you to submit certain personal information, such as your name, country of residence, mobile phone number, as well as valid payment information. You agree to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information in Remotasks Systems. Payment information must relate to financial accounts in your own name and you may not permit any other person to provide your payment information to Remotasks. You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your Remotasks Systems accounts, and you agree to maintain the security and secrecy of all Remotasks Systems usernames and passwords at all times.
User Account Security
You may not allow third parties to use your Remotasks Systems accounts. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your Remotasks Systems accounts to any other person or entity. In certain instances, you may be asked to provide proof of your identity to access or use the Remotasks Site, and you agree that you may be denied access to or use of the Remotasks Site if you refuse to provide such information.
Remotasks takes seriously its confidentiality obligations to its clients and asks that you do the same. You may not disclose the identity of any Remotasks client outside of the Remotasks Systems. You may not download, transmit, copy, or distribute any Remotasks Materials outside of Remotasks Systems, including by:
· taking screenshots or photos of screens displaying Remotasks Materials that are sent or viewed outside of Remotasks Systems;
· maintaining any records or logs related to Remotasks Materials outside of Remotasks Systems;
· printing any Remotasks Materials;
· sending any Remotasks Materials to your personal email address; or
· storing or saving Remotasks Materials on personal devices or with non-Remotasks managed third party cloud storage providers.
Once your Remotasks Site account is suspended or deactivated for any reason, you must delete any Remotasks Materials still in your possession.
The Remotasks Systems Security
You may not violate Remotasks Systems’ security or integrity or use Remotasks Systems to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer, or communications system, software application, or network or computing device. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· working around any technical limitations within Remotasks Systems that only allow you to use Remotasks Systems in certain ways;
· using a VPN or other technologies to mislead Remotasks Systems about your location or identity;
· inundating either Remotasks Systems or other systems with communications or requests in a deliberate attempt to overload that system or otherwise disrupt its proper operation;
· attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of Remotasks System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by Remotasks Systems;
· monitoring, crawling, or scraping data or content in Remotasks Systems;
· monitoring data or traffic on Remotasks Systems; or
· damaging, interfering with, intercepting, or expropriating any system, program, audit logs, or data via User Content or other computer technology, including viruses, Trojan, worms, or other malware.
If at any time you become aware or have reason to believe that there has been any misuse, compromise, loss, unauthorized disclosure or acquisition of, or access to Remotasks Systems or Remotasks Materials, you agree that you will promptly notify Remotasks at [email protected]
Integrity of Your Work
All training courses and tasks that you undertake must be manually completed by you in a competent and workmanlike manner without the assistance of other persons or technological automation such as bots or scripts. You may only undertake tasks for which you have completed the required training courses.
User Activities & Content
Remotasks makes forums available to Users within Remotasks Systems in order to assist them in completing their tasks. Users are expected to be courteous, helpful, and supportive to one another in these Remotasks Systems. Users should remain on topic, and either post questions or offer knowledge in these Remotasks Systems.
You agree not to use or encourage others to use any Remotasks Systems for any illegal, harmful, or offensive use. Prohibited activities on the Remotasks Site include, but are not limited to, the following as determined by Remotasks in its sole discretion, whether or not such material may be protected by law:
· impersonating another person, account or entity, including a representative of Remotasks;
· making available, promoting, or facilitating any activities prohibited by any law, regulation, government order, or decree, including gambling, illegal or harmful substances, child pornography, or sites or services related thereto;
· collecting personally identifiable information from or about Users or from Remotasks Materials (example: don’t ask other Users their email address or phone number);
· distributing or facilitating the sending of unsolicited mass emails, messages, promotions, advertising, solicitations, or other spam, including commercial advertising and informational announcements;
· offering or disseminating fraudulent, false, misleading (directly or by omission or failure to update information), or deceptive goods, services, information, schemes, or promotions (for example, get-rich-quick schemes, Ponzi or pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming);
· participating in or encouraging activities that may be harmful to others, Remotasks’ operations, or Remotasks’ reputation;
· copying and modifying Remotasks Materials;
· reverse engineering, disassembling, or decompiling Remotasks Systems;
· accessing Remotasks Systems in order to build a competitive product or service or a product or service with similar features, functions or graphics; and
· conducting any benchmarking or other competitive analysis.
Prohibited User Content on the Remotasks Systems includes, but is not limited to, the following as determined by Remotasks in its sole discretion, whether or not such material may be protected by law:
· User Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of others;
· User Content that violates the privacy or data protection rights of others, including User Content that is sufficient to identify a User’s location or that may pose a personal safety risk to a User or another person;
· User Content that provides specific details or outcomes of a Remotasks investigation;
· User Content that is violent, threatening, promotes violence or threats, defamatory, libelous, pornographic, vulgar, obscene, abusive, or otherwise objectionable; and
· User Content that promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group (including self-harm);
Remotasks may, but shall not be obligated to, review, monitor, or remove User Content, at Remotasks' sole discretion and at any time and for any reason, without notice to you. Remotasks may report any activity that it believes to be in violation of any law or regulation to law enforcement officials, regulatory bodies, or other appropriate third parties. Such reporting may include disclosing User’s Remotasks Site account information or User Content.
You may not be located in or use the Remotasks Systems in any country that is subject to U.S export restrictions, currently including, but not necessarily limited to:
· Crimea region of Ukraine
· North Korea
Please note, the list of restricted or sanctioned countries is dynamic and it is the responsibility of all Remotasks Systems users to ensure that they are eligible to use the platform.
If you become aware of any violation of this Acceptable Use Policy, you must promptly notify Remotasks and provide Remotasks with any requested assistance to mitigate, stop, or remedy such violation. To report a violation, or to otherwise contact Remotasks with respect to acceptable uses of the Remotasks Site, email [email protected]
Remotasks may modify this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by making such modifications available to you on www.remotasks.com. By continuing to use the Remotasks Site after modifications to this Acceptable Use Policy have been made available to you, you agree to follow the new Acceptable Use Policy.
Any Remotasks personnel or user of the Remotasks platform found to be in violation of this Acceptable Use Policy will be subject to disciplinary actions, up to and including removal from the Remotasks platform.